Monday, August 07, 2006

Up On The Bridge

It was a big week, last week, and this one should prove interesting also.

Now that I have been put on the promotions list, my life has become a little more complicated. First, I need to identify and start grooming my replacement for Rogue Squadron. I have a couple of people in mind, but I have not decided yet on who to choose.

The other big new duty is I am on the duty roster for bridge commander rotation. This means that I report to the bridge as the Admiral's replacement, or second, or what-ever, when the Admiral is not available.

The fleet is has now returned to Corsecant and I was ordered to 'bring the fleet in'. This meant that the Admiral could take his shuttle planet side while I parked the carrier and positioned the fleet. It looked easy, reading it on the montior, but it is a detail-oriented process that takes many hours.

The captain of the Organa also flew off with the Admiral and his scond-in-command, Lt. Commander Grish, stood ont the bridge with me. We did have fun inching the big vessel into spacedock.

Now, instead of heading planet-side, I am requried to visit each ship in the fleet and personally inspect their skeleton crews to ensure that they can be ready if we need to ship out at a moment's notice.

See, isn't flag command a bunch of fun?

2 Comments:

Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Ohhh, like when Troi get to be in command on the Enterpirse bridge? LOL

12:02 PM  
Blogger Darth Nepharia said...

Having real authority kinda makes you appreciate being a mushroom: sometimes it's just nice to be kept in the dark and fed bullshit.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home