Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Promotion Status

Finally, I have a little time on my hands, and the where-with-all to post a blog. Being on the promotions list for Admiral has not only changed my behavior, but also the behavior of those around me. Did you know that as an Admiral I will have the authority to do the following?

* Grant field promotions up to the rank of Captain. This may be done at any time, but should be reserved to times of conflict when such promotions are important for the success of a battle or skirmish. Now if you think that I am going to be near another battle or skirmish until I retire, you are crazy.

* Have access to any Class 3, or lower, transport at any time. I will have at least three dedicated shuttles and shuttle crews assigned to me for my personal use. But, if I am somewhere where a shuttle (a Class-2 transport) is not appropriate, I can commandeer a bigger transport, if one is available.

* Have up to three officers and five enlisted personnel for my personal staff. That means I can dump my lazy-assed civilian aide and get some real military professionals to help me out.

* I also get a personal budget (which I am not at liberty to disclose the amount) to buy stuff and decorate whatever office I am assigned to.

Speaking of assignments, my sponsor, Admiral Gringe, said that when I do get promoted I will probably be assigned to a fleet command, because of my battle experience. In fact, he revealed, most of the selection board was very happy to hear that I finally put my name in and made the list. It seems that many of the battle-grade admirals now on staff have not been directly involved in any major battles. OK, so I am hoping that nothing big happens before my retirement party.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

That's a nice set of benefits. Can you use some of those funds to make sure the troops on the ground have armor so they can remain safe and accomolish their mission.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Darth Nepharia said...

What will you do if you do not get the promotion?

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home